Wednesday, June 17, 2009

CEO Blog: How the Mighty Fall Book Review

I am at the end of week 2 as President and CEO of Nu Horizons Electronics. This puts me at halfway through my first month which I called the "Listen and Learn stage". (Of course that does not mean that I will know it all at the end of the month or that I will stop learning).

I have learned a lot. I do notice that I have a propensity to take action though and find it hard to "hold back" and just listen. I particularly have difficulty when I have an idea that I think can truly add value (my quest is always to add value). But what I need to consider is do I really know the real situation and is my idea really a good one?

I have a high propensity to action and a very high sense of urgency. I think that is one characteristics that helps companies and people succeed. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment