Sunday, May 31, 2009

Small Business Trends: Riches in Niches: A Book Review

By Ivana Taylor

The biggest mistake we small business owners can make is being too general and trying to be all things to all people. It seems counter-intuitive to focus your sales and marketing on one segment and appear to ignore or reject another.

But if you want to be successful, that’s what you have to do. Find a niche and serve it.

But how are you supposed to do that? This has always caused me frustration – and I do this for a living! So when I heard about this new book “Riches in Niches,” I had to get it. At first, I was giddy with anticipation to get the book because I always think that the next book that lands in my mailbox will be the holy grail of marketing. (I know. It’s a problem.) (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment