Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tynan.net: Book Review: The E-Myth Revisited

By Tynan

I just read a book that is challenging a how I see the world, like the Dip did many months ago. Like the dip, this book talked a lot about things I knew I SHOULD be doing, but didn’t really understand why. I’m a stubborn person, so understanding the "Why?" is really important for me to actually make changes.

The book is called "The E-Myth Revisited". I’d heard about it and had it recommended to me over the years, but hadn’t gotten around to reading it because the name sounded absolutely terrible. That’s my stubbornness, again.

In a nutshell, the book is about how to to organize, run, and think about your small business. Different examples in the book actually made me nervous because it was as if they were describing me personally. Problems that I’ve run into were described with psychic accuracy, and solutions were described which made me think, "oh, of course!". Needless to say, I will probably be making some big changes as a result of the book. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment