Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Trump Blog: Education vs. Experience

By Donald Trump

Here’s a topic that can be argued positively from both sides. My father, Fred C. Trump, didn’t have the advantage of a college education yet he became very successful. He was smart, focused and he worked hard every day. But he knew the advantages of having a good education. He put his younger brother through college, and my uncle went on to get his Ph.D. from M.I.T. and became a professor of physics. Education was stressed when I was growing up, and my father made sure we had the best education possible.

While I had the great advantage of attending Wharton, one of the great business schools in the world, I learned a great deal from my father. The combination of my education and his experience was a tremendous situation for me to be in when I started to work with him after college. I also watched him work hard while I was growing up and I visited construction sites with him often. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment